Are we down to 0 real houseboys?

I've been on and off here for a decade.  I had one houseboy situation work out for about 8 years.  He didn't have legal status and thats why he went the HB route.  He did turn out to have some serous mental health issues but we were able to make it work for that time.

It looks like a lot of the longtime fakes and prostitutes have been deleted from this site, and thats great.

I know two HBs on this site who are who they say they are, but both are here for fantasy play. 

Now when I examine HB profiles I don't see a single one that does not raise red flags.

• Flushing NY address (default if you dont specify an address)
  • Age hasn't changed for years (keeps rolling back his age every year)
  • Nonsensical body dimensions.  (Weight listed as 500 lbs, and photo shows a skinny guy)
  • Obvious lies in profile.  "I'm not a paid member so I can't respond to you here".  (thats not a limitation that exists on this site)
  • TGTBT (too good to be true),  Hot young underwear model body boy who wants nothing more than to please an old troll and wants nothing in return.

I wish every employer would add to their profile "there is nothing you can say that will convince me to send you money". It might chase away some of the fakes.

I've seen posts about fake employers but they are hilarious.   Paraphrasing "This employer is fake, he wouldn't send me money before meeting me", HA!

Anyone having different results?

I've been wondering the same thing. I've chatted with a number of bois here and moved to texting and calls, etc. Inevitably the fraud surfaces. And yeah, I've been trying 10+ years.

Recently a cute 27yo (on the profile) Latin guy who wants to be be a live-in, not demanding a salary, acts wonderfully. We get on our first voice call and he doesn't sound anything like a Latin buy from Brazil, his accent was definitely of the African or Middle Eastern variety. I asked him about it said he grew up somewhere else, I pushed on it, he couldn't name a country... BYE. So this falls under your TGTBT category for sure.

Another red flag on your list is when they describe themself and say something like "I am a loving, caring, honest..." - big clue here, some says "honest" at the get go it's a diversion, they are scamming you 99.9% of the time, as being dishonest it's their psychological need to overtly make you think he is honest. Don't fall for it, or push on it.

I like your suggestion to add "there is nothing you can say that will convince me to send you money" to the profile of an employer. I'll take you up on that!

Oh, I saw another hilarious one.  Paraphrasing again for comedic effect "I just graduated from a top school and have a degree in civil engineering.  And after having spent > $100,000 on my education, I am ready to be a live-in cock sucker in exchange for room and board forgoing any return on my investment and any application of my degree".    

Yup, totally credible.

Try going after something other than twinks. When I was a houseboy, I was the guy that was called in when guys got tired of the boys that weren’t much more than a cute paperweight. If you are attracted to the boys that stand out because of how much they’re selling their looks, don’t be surprised if you end up with guys that aren’t much more than… well, their looks.

By the way, if anyone reading this sends money to guys because they’re too cute to be a scam, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas you should invest in…

It is sad that a red flag is a guy wanting to be honest and of service. Some guys are just submissive and don’t admit it until they’ve done everything in life they were “supposed” to do but still couldn’t deny who they really wanted to be. It’s not unheard of; isn’t that the reason half of you gay employers have ex wives and grown children? Anyhow, that’s what I loved finding in “employers”, the men that had to be the leaders at work but were sub lovers behind closed doors. Those sub boys have to support themselves before they find the right guy to submit to. Yes, it’s true that some sub men, whether younger or older, have degrees. The difference is those guys never asked me for money.

Also, while I’m not skinny, I too purposely list my weight as high as a site or app lets me, but I always note in my profile that I do it because it makes the shallow guys accidentally filter me out of their searches. When I started doing that here (when I was a houseboy), I stopped getting bothered by the more shallow “employers”. Of course I also found out that a lot of bottom guys prefer bigger tops, but that’s another story.

You’ll run into fakes no matter what kind of site you’re on. 1 real guy will make you forget 100,000 fakes. Just block the fakes and move on, but don’t let it get you bitter or discourage you. I found my career by learning from the men I worked for and can’t imagine what life would be without my experiences. I say that because I guarantee you there is an amazing guy on here that would be so grateful for the experience that you’re probably overlooking because he’s not the one posting clickbait twink pictures. It doesn’t matter if 99% of the boys here today are fake as long as you keep your focus on the one that isn’t.

That is all very well said.  

And while there are reasonable and sensible employers here, there are also a lot of unrealistic expectations.   Some guys think they're going to find a dream boy lover who falls into their arms for the price of a crust of bread and a roof over their head.   

I imagine a lot of houseboys end up in an impossible position of having to choose between being candid and being matched.

And while no HB is going to want to fess up to this, most HBs come with issues and being an HB is plan B in their lives.  Mental health issues, substance abuse, temperament, whatever it is.  Employers have to be willing to accept this reality and be willing to work with what they can work with. 

More realistic expectations from Employers = More honest HBs.

When you think about it, the same can be said about employers. A man that has it all that come on a site like this to find a mate; there’s a reason a guy with so much to offer can’t find that match on a regular dating app. However, you just have to be honest about it. Do you really want to deal with an addict or recovering addict? Not all houseboys have issues like that. There are plenty on here like me that have never even touched a cigarette and have never burned bridges to the point that I had to be homeless. Again, it might just be someone that truly enjoys being of service to a deserving and hardworking man. I still miss that part about being a houseboy so much so that I visit one of my past employers every time a twink leaves him high and dry so I can enjoy a week or two of being there for him. 

So, don’t settle for the idea that a guy is a houseboy only because he has issues. Put in the effort to say no to that cute guy that comes with issues that you’d rather not deal with so you’ll have room for that amazing guy that just wants to be there for someone. He’s out there, just don’t settle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm real. I'm willing to video chat. I've met with a guy on here, aquaman78 for reference. He can tell you I'm trustworthy. I've known him for a few years. We first met in 2019 when I was homeless in san diego, ca and living out of my older car I had at the time. He got me out of that situation and I was basically a live-in helper for his 85 year old friend with dementia in Riverside county. I stayed in his house for 2 years helping him, the last 6 months were spent with me by myself since the old man was in hospice at that time and passed away. I had a part time job on the side (I'm a licensed massage therapist but I've been doing it 10 years now and I'm a little burned out on it.) and I helped him with house and yard work. I'm pretty good at trimming palm trees by the way. 

I'm not looking to be anyone's sex slave. I just want to be someplace emotionally stable I can call "home" because I haven't really felt at home in a real long time.

A good person would look at a profile, see the person is asking the wrong things, and move on. 

When a guy looks at a profile and realizes he can’t live up to what is being asked, if that makes him then decide that’s a reason to scam someone, that only happens if the guy simply is a scammer. 

In dating, when looking for (real) jobs, even when shopping, life will present you with things that don’t line up with what you want. If you’re a halfway decent person, that will prompt you to move on. It’s only if you’re a scamming piece of trash when your response to something you don’t like is to be trash.

Remember, the word “boy” in houseboy doesn’t mean you’re a child. You’re a grown man that needs another man to provide for you in a way you can’t. Keep justifying the scammers and wonder why suddenly being young and cute isn’t good enough to even be a houseboy anymore… blame this on the men that are trying to give you a free ride,  because that’s going to make men want to support you. 

No wonder more and more employers are seeking past houseboys my age and up.